Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We're Ready... I Think

Well, our New Year is off and running. Well, everyone is running but me. Addison has pretty well mastered running on her toes now. And Darby runs to whomever she thinks is most likely to play with her. Poor dog... I think she knows we'll soon be bringing home another baby, and her chances of one-on-one time with either of us will again take a major hit. Addy doesn't have any idea. I've just been praying God will prepare her in His perfect way, because I'm going to need her to keep being her sweet self.

I think we're ready for Samuel to get here. His room is pretty well put together, and the borrowed bassinet is in it's place. My bag isn't packed, but neither is Matt's. I'll try to do that soon. My body is ready. I don't sleep much at night, my back is only getting worse, and playing with Addy is really hard. Good thing we're close. January 16 is right around the corner now!



This is Addison watching Aunt Krista put make-up on. She seldom left Krista alone while they were here.

Below, Grandma Lou is reading one of Addy's many books. She really loves to read. And, lest you think she's always sweet, I included a pic of one of her "fierce faces."




Darby had a good Christmas too. This is her guarding her new toy from Aunt Krista. The other picture is Addison and 2 of her favorite friends: Baby Stella and Aunt Krista!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

First, I am so proud of your for updating the blog.

Second, Addy is just the most beautiful little girl I have seen in a long time.

Third, seriously? You are due in almost a WEEK??? I know you are ready, sweet friend. We'll be praying for you. And I love the name Sam. I really can't wait to meet him.

We miss you, Dalmuts.