Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Frozen... and Thawed

We have weathered the ice storm of 2009 and seem to be none the worse for wear. Other than the poor maple tree out front. We'll have to wait and see if it will come around. And, I guess we're also cutting down the 2 trees on the side of the house that showered our yard and fence with most of their branches/limbs. It's a miracle our roof wasn't damaged. We were blessed to only be without power for 13 hours, most of which were "sleeping" hours, and out gas fireplace kept the living room plenty warm for our cozy little family.


In the mean time, Addison has been practicing her laundry skills and swallowing rice cereal. She got to eat in her high chair for the first time this weekend; we had to go without the tray on top - it was too hard to get to her "moving target" of a mouth.



I know her hair looks wet, but it's not. I've been trying to keep baby oil on it to help the "cradle cap" issue. Not sure if I'm doing any good, but it makes me feel better. I can't believe how big she looks in that high chair... she's growing too fast already!